This page is an attempt to compile a list of resources for those who wish to learn more about what we’re talking about here.
Make sure you are signed up to get emails from the city.
- Sign up for text & email notifications from the city.
- Want to know when meetings take place? Get email notifications of future meetings.
City of Englewood
Housing is not just a local issue, but a state-wide issue! Our legislators are considering how to help the housing crisis. Below are some articles discussing their plans:
- The Colorado Sun - Colorado Democrats are turning 2023 into the year of housing. But should the state wade into local land decisions?
- Colorado Politics - Colorado legislators introduce first bills to spend $850 million for housing, behavioral health
These articles are intended to provide sources and references for discussing the benefits of density.
- The Guardian - Denser cities could be a climate boon – but nimbyism stands in the way
- What are the characteristics of Missing Middle Housing?
- EPA - Protecting Water Resources with Higher-Density Development
- Vox - Making cities more dense always sparks resistance. Here’s how to overcome it.
- National Association of Realtors - Growing Up and Not Out: The Fiscal Benefits of Higher Density Development
- Brookings Institution - “Gentle” density can save our neighborhoods
- Strong Towns - What Does Incrementalism Actually Mean?
- NPR - The U.S. needs more affordable housing – where to put it is a bigger battle